If required, we are able to provide transport insurance (including Insurance Certificate) for international transports. Our long-standing and excellent co-operation with Česká pojišťovna is a guarantee of highly competitive rates.
Instructions for consignment damage occurrence
How to proceed in consignment damage occurrence:
- Report the damage to Farmtrans a.s.
- Identify the scope of the damage without undue delay. During unloading: check the packaging and the goods themselves continuously for possible damage. In case of obvious damage (crumpled, wet, torn or missing packaging or goods) make an entry into the accompanying transport document/CMR immediately after unloading is completed. In case of non evident damage – identify the extention of the damage within 5 days from the insurance expiry date, i.e. within five days after the unloading.
- Check the damaged consignment thoroughly, quantify the damage and take photos of the damaged goods (if applicable: take photos of damage to the container if evident). If more than one item is damaged, photo of each item damaged has to be taken. This information will be used as the basis for deciding whether or not to call in a surveyor for further assessment of the damaged goods.
- Secure the consignment against further damage to prevent increasing the scope of the damage by improper storage of the goods, leaving them in wet packaging etc.
- Draft a damage protocol – see the Annex.
- Do not dispose of the goods without prior consent from the insurer.
How to proceed in case of stolen consignment:
If any of the goods were stolen, report the incident to the local police
We are able to provide customs clearance of any shipment throughout the Czech Republic. We offer both direct and indirect representation in exports and imports and, holding a general customs guarantee, we are able to clear consignments of high customs value. Furthermore, we offer various additional services such as Certificate of Origin, binding tariff information, registration and identification Nos. (EORI) for our new business partners and, last but not least, special customs arrangements (e.g. ATA carnet).